Research Associate II
Brava Diagnostics is looking for a research associate with strong skills in commercial product development for IVD immunoassays. The candidate will contribute to assay development activities on our novel, multiplex point-of-care platform. The position offers exciting opportunities for professional growth, and contributions to the entire development cycle of innovative diagnostic tests, from the bench to clinical trials, regulatory approval, and market launch.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, plan, perform, and document product development activities, including immunoreagent development, immunoassay optimization, and analytical/clinical studies
- Troubleshoot experiments, consult literature and actively propose/pursue solutions
- Characterize biological reagents, write and validate SOPs, train and tech-transfer to QC and manufacturing teams
- Assist in the design and development of assays on the Brava platform, contribute to regulatory activities with development reports, and participate in verification / validation activities.
- Work closely with supervisor and teammates to meet project deliverables in a timely manner
- Operate commercial IVD instrument and perform classic ELISA assays
- BA, BS, or MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Bioengineering, or related science/engineering field required
- Minimum 2 years of independent hands-on experience with ELISA assay development required, including ELISA assay design, optimization, and verification.
- Minimum 2 years biotechnology industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working under design control and familiarity with statistical tools and experiment design (Minitab or JMP) is strongly preferred
- Biosafety Level 2 laboratory experience required; must be willing and able to safely handle human whole-blood, plasma and/or serum samples
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills along with strong written and oral communication skills required
- Candidates must have the ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical/dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k).
Brava Diagnostics is a dynamic start-up company with a team of business and scientific innovators. Our platform consists of a robust fluorescence reader and disposable test cartridges that deliver multiple results from every sample Our technology solves the need for rapid, simple and quantitative measurement of very low concentrations from whole blood. This combination is critical in acute care settings, where precision at low concentrations is imperative to drive treatment decisions. No other point-of-care platform can deliver laboratory quality results that meet today’s clinical guidelines. Brava tests will support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers confidence to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to CMulherin@BravaDx.com.