Developed by MBio Diagnostics, the LightDeck platform is based on proprietart evanescent planar waveguide technology. The LightDeck platform enables rapid, simple and quantitative measurement of very low concentrations of multiple proteins from whole blood. This combination is critical in acute care settings, where precision at low concentrations is imperative to drive treatment decisions. No current point-of-care platform can deliver the sensitivity and laboratory-quality performance that meets clinical guidelines for high-sensitivity troponin. Brava Diagnostics may be among the first to fill this important technology gap in the market.
This short video covers the evolution of immunoassays, describes our evanescent planar waveguide technology and compares troponin assays available in the worldwide market.
Our proprietary LightDeck platform consists of a simple, robust analyzer and disposable test cartridges. We apply a different approach to point-of-care diagnostics. Our differentiation is reflected in four categories, abbreviated 3QM:
- Quality: Highly sensitive, lab-quality performance
- Quick: Results in 5 to 15 minutes with simple procedure
- Quantitative: More data to inform treatment decisions
- Multiplex: Multiple tests plus internal quality control
The LightDeck Difference
Enables Whole Blood Analysis
- 100 nanometer evanescent field above the waveguide reduces interference from cells and unbound fluorophores.
- Tune laser emission to minimize absorbance and autofluorescence associated with hemolysis.
- A cost-effective imaging system can detect very low concentrations.
- Replicates improve precision.
- Built-in positive and negative quality controls improve safety.
- The LightDeck System may earn CLIA Waiver.
Download Our Technology Backgrounder
In order to appreciate the power and uniqueness of the LightDeck platform technology, it is helpful to understand the evolution of technologies used in medical diagnostics, especially in the context of measuring substances that are present in the blood at very low concentrations.
Schedule a meeting